[bt-devel] status of development

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:20:43 +0200

Hi!
> I've tried to recompile x and qt and pretty much qt compiles x in
> dynamicly so I can get qt and kde into the rpm but x doesn't wan't to
> compile in static. That would make the only requirement for this package
> that the user have xfree 4.0.2 or higher installed. Is this acceptable?

Hmm, Xfree 4.0.2 do not have all users. I think only a small part will have
it.
What is if you remove the shared X11 libs before you compile Qt?

I know it's really frustrating because compiling takes so long. Sorry!

Could everybody who uses the HEAD branch test the new configure options?
--enable-static-build adds some options to compile static. On my system this
fails due to a double symbol in /lib/ld-linux.so.2 but I think this is SuSE's
fault. See configure --help for the other new options.

make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --enable-static-linking
cd bibletime
rm bibletime #remove the binary
make bibletime #create the new binary

This takes only some minutes because only linking is required and not the
whole compilation process.
After you tested it return to the old configuration:

cd..
./configure

I need the output of the compiler and the output of "ldd bibletime" to be
able to improve the system. At the moment only compiler options are used.

Thank you!
Joachim