[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: SWORD

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:37:05 -0700

> Maybe we should build Gnutella-style peer-to-peer networking into SWORD so
> that whenever the library is in use, users can swap texts.  If we're going
> to do something illegal, we should at least make it interesting. :)

:)

Everyone is bringing up great points.  I have been wondering about the
outcome of the mpeg court cases.  I believe this will have great impact
on future directions of electronic content.

If mpeg is allowed to offer music in mpeg format to users that prove
they own the CD, then it would follow that we would be allow to offer
Bible texts in SWORD format to people that prove they own a printed
copy, or another electronic copy.

	Thoughts?

		-Troy.