[bt-devel] Call for developers

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 May 2000 15:17:59 +0000

Hi!

I'm glad you want to help!

I'm 17 (ok, in some days 18) years old and living in Germany, too.
I coded in Turb Pascal for Windows and switched to Delphi before I deleted Windows from my box.
For me switching from Delphi to C++ was easy.

Feel free to ask questions about programming etc. , we'll try to help you!

--Joachim

>Hi everybody,
>
>I am a 19 year old German living in Oranienburg (near Berlin). Since I almost
>finished my A-level exam and seem to have a little more time in future I want
>to contribute to bibletime.
>
>I started programming when I got my own computer using Turbo Pascal. Later I
>switched to Delphi, and since I am using linux I try to learn C/C++.
>I programmed because it was fun (even prime numbers can be exciting).
>I am not very familiar with OOP yet, nor do I know QT/KDE very well.
>You might have to answer many senseless questions if you take me into the
>team... But I am monitoring bt-devel and sword-devel since 1999 and thereby
>have basic information.

Coding in QT/KDE is easy, it has a very good structure and many classes and widgets to ease
programming.

>But I wish to learn and become better. The same is true for bibletime; actually
>IMO its aim can only be to become the BEST bible study tool EVER and bless
>everybody using it. There is a very long way to go (just compare with
>Bibleworkshop, a german bible program [www.bibleworkshop.de]).

I think 0.3 has a good structure.

>Martin

Thanks again for your offer! We really need you!
-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de