[bt-devel] Fwd: Re: final SWORD CD

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:09:29 +0000

>From Darwin:

I keep forgetting that I can refer back to 0.2x when I run into problems.

Why reinvent the wheel???

I will take a look at what you did before, and ask you if I have any
questions.

If nobody else is working on the following, I may take on the tasks.
EVERYONE, PLEASE COMMENT ON WHETHER THEY SEEM REASONABLE AND IMPORTANT.

First, printing (I need printed Bible passages and commentaries for my
Bible study).

Second, is partially an extension of that.

a) Compile a list of items for a study.  This would include the bible
passage (including which version(s) to print), the text from any
commentaries (including looking up cross references from TSK and others),
and definitions for key words or topics in one or more of the lexicons.

b) Print them.

The first is a higher priority to me, and the second one may take quite a
while.

In addition, I may like to add a future module that would create puzzles
>from scripture passages, such as word search or crossword puzzles for use
in Sunday school.

While I am presenting my wish list, is there a PD catechism that could be
included as a topical reference in BibleTime?  I am particularly interested
in Luther's, the Westminster, the Heidelberg and the Puritan catechisms...
I want both the longer and shorter of each when they exist.  All are old
enough to be public domain (except for perhaps some "editions" with the
scripture references).

There are web resources I can use as a basis for conversion to a format to
be used by Sword, should I pursue this, or is someone who likes
manipulating text interested in this?