From CrossWire Bible Society
Rationale for this page
The main page is intended to be a working document to assist in improving the module. Some of the historical information comes from my own searching of COPAC, and some of the observations about the text is from private discussions. David Haslam 14:18, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
Henry Martyn also translated the Psalms into Persian, but for simplicity I have not noted this in the main page. It is assumed that William Glen incorporated Martyn's translation of Psalms or adapted it when he published the OT. David Haslam 14:20, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
Did you know?
- Robert Bruce was the Rector of Little Dean, Gloucester.
- His 1895 Persian Bible was subsequently put into Hebrew characters!
- חמשה חומשי תורה (נביאים, כתובים, כתאב עהד גדיד
- [The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. Bruce’s version, put into the Hebrew character by Nūr Ullāh and Khudādād.] 4 vol. לנְדַן [B. & F.B.S.: London]. 8º. 1899-1909.
- In 2007, the Iranian government republished the Henry Martyn edition of the Farsi Bible — a large setting facsimile edition designed for scholarly use.]
Please retain this page
As and when this module is moved to the main repository, please retain this page, and merely remove the reference to the beta repository. David Haslam 03:06, 11 January 2012 (MST)