Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
"How two electronic Bibles lost a book." A just so story.
In ThML files hosted by CCEL, some, if not all, use the abbreviation "Phlp" for Philippians.
Back in 2007, before I became involved with CrossWire, I discovered that two Bible translations (generally available on the World Wide Web) omitted Philippians. One was the Swahili Bible, the other was modern Greek.
Something I did today suggests a plausible explanation for the above coincidence.
Sword utility imp2vs (and probably some of our other build tools) do not recognize the abbreviation "Phlp" for Philippians.
imp2vs is fairly lax about which book names or abbreviations it does recognize, but that was not one of them. If you run imp2vs on an IMP file which has that as the book name, then you don't get any verse text added for Philippians.
So back in 2002 or thereabouts, when we were much closer than we are now to the old CCEL, we could have made two modules in which Philippians got omitted because of this abbreviation not being recognized.
It becomes even more plausible if we make the assumption that someone like the Unbound Bible project scraped our content, and the rest of the world took theirs afterwards.