Bible Desktop
  1. Bible Desktop
  2. BD-147

Extend the language codes table to cover modules now available

    Details

    • Type: Improvement Improvement
    • Status: Resolved (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.6
    • Fix Version/s: 1.6.1
    • Component/s: book installer
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:

      WinXP SP3 fully patched

      Description

      The following language codes in use don't yet have their language names in the languages table.

      azb, cop, cu, hin, kan, mg, nb, ne, pck, prs, so, tam, tel, ury

      See attached image captured from installer.

        Activity

        Hide
        David Haslam added a comment -

        The Indic languages modules Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu were for modules I added manually from http://www.wordofgod.in/

        Show
        David Haslam added a comment - The Indic languages modules Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu were for modules I added manually from http://www.wordofgod.in/
        Hide
        DM Smith added a comment -

        Basically the lookup mechanism for any resource is:
        Look for one in the following places, stopping when the first is found.
        The country and locale of the user.
        The locale of the user.
        The programs default list.

        We used to have all the codes in the default list, but start up time suffered for English users. So I pruned the list to those on the CrossWire server. This solved the performance problem, but created the one you saw.

        Recently I made a change (not yet released) to add a pruned English list and make the default the full English list.

        This should solve the problem. I'll leave this open until I can verify that your problem is fixed.

        Show
        DM Smith added a comment - Basically the lookup mechanism for any resource is: Look for one in the following places, stopping when the first is found. The country and locale of the user. The locale of the user. The programs default list. We used to have all the codes in the default list, but start up time suffered for English users. So I pruned the list to those on the CrossWire server. This solved the performance problem, but created the one you saw. Recently I made a change (not yet released) to add a pruned English list and make the default the full English list. This should solve the problem. I'll leave this open until I can verify that your problem is fixed.
        Hide
        David Haslam added a comment -

        I confirmed it was fixed in the nightly build. I have no orphaned language code branches now.

        You may therefore close this issue. Thanks.

        Show
        David Haslam added a comment - I confirmed it was fixed in the nightly build. I have no orphaned language code branches now. You may therefore close this issue. Thanks.
        Hide
        DM Smith added a comment -

        This was done a while ago. And it needs to be done periodically.

        The code now handles over 7400 languages. Some like Sorani were just added to SIL's database, so it may continue to happen.

        I've updated for the next release. Working on getting it into the nightly build.

        Show
        DM Smith added a comment - This was done a while ago. And it needs to be done periodically. The code now handles over 7400 languages. Some like Sorani were just added to SIL's database, so it may continue to happen. I've updated for the next release. Working on getting it into the nightly build.

          People

          • Assignee:
            DM Smith
            Reporter:
            David Haslam
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: