[xiphos-users] parallel view column width

Ed Backell edbackell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 15:08:48 EDT 2023

Hello all -

This is an old bug, that I happened to find a NEW solution for (and
yes, it was still occurring even in the newest version:

> I am using Parallel View, and I can't figure out how to resize the
> different columns. I am using KJVA, 2TGreek, and RWP as my three modules,
> but the widths aren't the same. The KJVA is much wider than the other two.
>
> As an estimate, I'd say the KJVA takes up 50% of the width, the 2TGreek
> takes up 30%, and the RWP 20%. I'd be much more interested in something
> like 33%/33%/33%.
>
> Am I missing something?

YES. I WAS missing something, and here's a simple fast fix.

I don't know WHY the text was formatted strangely, but when I
***decreased*** its size (with Ctrl + -), the formatting corrected
itself. I could then ***increase*** its size (Ctrl + +) to the size I
wanted, and the column widths reset correctly.

I'm *guessing* this is a GTK thing, but nevertheless, it's a very fast
"fix" that deals with the issue in moments.

I'm replying this to all, just in case anyone else encounters it.

GBYLBT, Pastor Ed