[xiphos-users] Need advise on using same "Personal" on multiple computers

E Metsger me at metsger.com
Thu Aug 22 11:20:23 MST 2019

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:38:07 -0400, rtouzeau at frontier.com
<rtouzeau at frontier.com> wrote:

> I am using two laptops both running Win 10. Xiphos is installed on both
> (4.1.0) and the structure of the Sword folder looks the same. So, I
> thought I could just copy the "Personal" folder from one to the other.
> The copied folder ("target") would not be read by Xiphos on the second
> computer. (I checked and the folder would be written to on the second
> computer, but it would not read the files that were copied there, even
> when I copied the entire folder from the source computer.)I even tried
> copying the entire Sword folder over and Xiphos would work, but it would
> not read the info in the copied Personal folder.
> Is there a setting somewhere or somehow to assign an arbitrary path for
> Personal--like is done for StudyPad. (I would actually like to be able
> to point Personal to a location on my Gdrive so it could really be
> shared between my two laptops.
> Thanks.

I'm not sure whether Windows 10 supports a Linux-like soft link, although
it appears maybe it does?[1]  If so, you can add it to your gdrive or
dropbox and add a symbolic link, no problem.

Good luck!

[1]:
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

--
"I would rather be eaten by you than fed by anyone else." The Horse and
His Boy