[xiphos-users] ideas for the future

E Metsger me at metsger.com
Sun Aug 13 18:45:19 MST 2017

On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 15:44:23 -0400, Karl Kleinpaste <karl at kleinpaste.org>
wrote:

> If I knew how to do that, sure. We build Xiphos for Windows via
> cross-compilation out of Linux using MinGW tools.  I am not yet aware of
> a means by which to do what you ask.

I think that it's a bit difficult to get MinGW-built libraries built in a
way that either Visual Studio or Windbg would be able to read their
symbols. I suppose it's possible, on the other hand, to provide debug
versions that users could run with GDB. Not for the faint of heart,
probably.

I have only limited experience debugging on Windows (home/hobby
environment is Linux; at work I'm doing less coding these days since it's
a hardware focused job), but debug builds with symbols with appropriate
scaffolding (MinGW / Cygwin) could work.

-e

--
"I would rather be eaten by you than fed by anyone else." The Horse and
His Boy