[xiphos-users] modules not appearing

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Apr 2 05:52:13 MST 2017

On 03/29/2017 05:22 PM, Andrew Nielsen wrote:
> I have issues of modules that were once there, but now are gone; i.e
> TS1998 through the "Sword Project"...but I would greatly appreciate it if it
> were possible
I've been debating how to answer this for a couple days. It's a problem
to decide how much to say in public in difficult circumstance. But
honestly there's no sense in dancing around the problem much.

Removal of TS1998 and non-support for its updates is because the module
management folks for the Sword Project as a whole found themselves in a
discussion with the TSnnnn publisher, during which it became clear that
their organization is non-trinitarian and denies deity of Christ. It
further came out that there is a single translator of TSnnnn who accepts
no critique and has no credentials by which to justify the work. Though
Sword is not denominational, and some modules include things like
Apocrypha which are not agreed to by many, nonetheless there is a
boundary of theological acceptability for support in Sword and the
TSnnnn folks are outside it. Apparently copyright status of TS1998
prevented simply marking it under the cult/unorthodox label.

The above largely paraphrases what was said elsewhere by one of those
mod.mgmt people when the trouble came.

When their publisher learned that TS1998 was removed and TSlater would
not be supported, they tried an end run around the problem by contacting
me personally to ask for inclusion in the Xiphos repo. (Bear in mind
that it's called that only because it contains modules that are mostly
produced by people who have contributed to Xiphos itself.) I had to ask
around to find out what was going on and that's when I learned about the
overall situation.