[xiphos-users] Prayer Journal -- Editor Not Working

E Metsger me at metsger.com
Sun Aug 28 09:37:40 MST 2016

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 17:42:13 -0400, John Miller <jarthurmiller at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I did a fresh install of Xiphos 16.04 and installed the most up to date
> version of Xiphos.
>
> I have a number of prayer journals that I copied to the new install.
> Unfortunately, the Journal Editor doesn't open; Study Pad does instead.
> Of course, I'm unable to properly edit my journals.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi, John.

Not a user of this feature, really, but you may be able to make this work
by going to Edit > Preferences > Options and checking the "Enable Prayer
Lists" checkbox. This adds the File > New Prayer List/Journal menu.

I have also recently upgraded to Xubuntu 16.04 (long story, but it turns
out power management for my T440s wasn't very well supported in 14.04, and
when you're installing packages it's a terrible terrible idea to suspend
your computer).

HTH,

Ethan

--
"I would rather be eaten by you than fed by anyone else." The Horse and
His Boy