[sword-devel] Possibility to install arbitrary module versions with InstallMgr

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Sep 27 15:54:10 EDT 2022

Hi Tobias. Well, adding to the API wouldn't be a significant change there. What would be significant is retaining previous versions in the remote repository. I doubt we can get people to offer every version of their texts. Updates are usually bug fixes and if they are not simply this, we usually break out the module with a new name, e.g. the NASB1995 is a new module name to preserve the 95 edition, since the latest NASB module has translation differences now as it is updated to the 2020 revision. If a user wants the previous edition, they can grab the NASB1995.

If a user wants a previous SWORD version of a module, then we've done something wrong.

Do you have a particular use case you have found which would benefit from allowing previous SWORD versions to be installed?