[sword-devel] Possibility to install arbitrary module versions with InstallMgr

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Tue Sep 27 15:37:03 EDT 2022

Hi Troy,

As I am thinking about module upgrade support for Ezra Bible App
(currently not implemented) I am also (once more) asking myself why
there isn't an API for installing arbitrary module versions with InstallMgr.

The two additional use cases that I would like to have in the SWORD
engine are:

- Add a function to list the module versions for a given module and a
given repository
- Add a version parameter to the installModule function

Would it be much effort to implement this in SWORD?

Are there any existing design constraints that make it hard to add this?

Best regards,
Tobias