[sword-devel] Standalone works

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 17:55:18 EST 2021

The more advanced works like "Bible Hermeneutics"... yeah that's a good fit
for some current sword repository. If I ever get around to uploading ebooks
of that, sword is on my radar.

However, the master plan I envision is a complete enough library that
Bible literacy is self-sustaining.  Not only college level works, but works
for all reading levels everything from basic literacy to works for learning
impaired.  I publish other works like Kindergarten lessons  (K-12 Sunday
school lesson books from the New York Diocese of the Anglican Church circa
1910.)

While I'd like to be able to have these in a sword front end so the
scripture references can be available on a small screen format, with easy
options to get back to the lesson...

 I don't see this wider list would fall into "core" Sword needs, or be
useful taking up slots in the currently unsortable list of "other works"
that the Sword library system offers. Someone looking at potentially
downloading Sword, or looking from their Bible on phone "what else can I
read"... they  won't see gradeschool sunday school lesson books and think
"hey I want to study the bible with that." But if I list Sword as an output
on a complete sunday school curriculum for all grades, then some teacher
might see it and say, "Hey I can load that into sword and don't have to
switch between apps on my phone to read the scripture references."

And while I'm publishing English works now, my ultimate goal is that these
(the lessons for gradeschool ages/reading levels) are translated into many
languages. And an interface like sword with it's already pretty deep
library and offline capability is right inline with the ultimate goal...
but the library for 'other' works as it is just doesn't work.. and as I
described, I don't think it needs to... the works should point people to
Sword apps as an option... and where it makes sense the app should provide
adult level study works as an option in the library.