[sword-devel] Segfault in LZSS code

Bastian Germann bastiangermann at fishpost.de
Sun Feb 28 15:09:30 EST 2021

Am 28.02.21 um 17:32 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:
> The problem would be the same if ZIP was the default and you gave the
> ZIP compression driver LZSS data files.

I tried several combinations of wrong input for the other compression
types after finding the bug and it turned out the others error, which is
the right way to deal with unexpected input.

> In summary, if you specify the wrong driver for the data files of your
> module, you will get undefined behaviour.

That is fine and reasonable. In my opinion any segfault is a bug. It is
not very likely to happen for end users but during module developing you
are not too unlikely to hit it. I reported it because I experienced that
bug for the 2nd time actually.