[sword-devel] SWORD search issue / search type multi Word

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Mon May 4 13:15:38 MST 2020

Hi,

I have the impression that the SWORD multi word search is returning some
results that actually do not seem to match the search term.

For example when searching for the term "faith Jesus" in the NASB module
I get 86 results.

The first result that seems invalid is Matthew 9:28:

^28 When He entered the house, the blind men came up to Him, and Jesus
said to them, " “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”" They said
to Him, “Yes, Lord.”

This verse matches only part of the multi word term, namely "Jesus".

Matthew 9:29 is also returned as a result and this verse interestingly
only matches the other part of the term ("faith"):

^29 Then He touched their eyes, saying, " “It shall be done to you
according to your faith.”"

What is happening here? My assumption would be that only verses
containing both parts of the multi word term should be returned if the
searchType is multiWord (-2). Is this a bug?

The code can be found here:
https://github.com/tobias-klein/node-sword-interface/blob/master/src/sword_backend/module_search.cpp#L121

Best regards,
Tobias