[sword-devel] Question regarding Greek/Hebrew dictionary resources

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Jun 6 16:07:34 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Are the keys of Greek / Hebrew dictionary modules standardized based on Strong’s keys? Or are the keys different per module?

I just discovered that the Vine’s dictionary is available in the Xiphos repository. I love that dictionary! I have it in printed form. I noticed that the keys are based on the actual English words. However each entry also contains the Strong’s numbers.

I would like to integrate dictionary resources like Vine’s in Ezra Project. Ideally I would like to do that based on Strong’s numbers. In case of Vine’s: Do I have to generate my own mapping table to do lookups based on Strong’s numbers?

Best regards,
Tobias