[sword-devel] Operation not permitted error while installing on Mac OS X

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 20 11:51:16 MST 2020

Hi Maxwell,

Have a look in the folder: sword/bindings/objc/ and see the README

I realize you might not care about Objective C, but there is an XCode
project in there which will bulid a universal libsword which you can
likely use for whatever your needs.  It might be easier than trying to
get the autotools or cmake system working on MacOS.

Regarding the error you show below, it looks like you are doing
everything correctly, MacOS just isn't happy letting you install to
/usr/lib/ even though you have used 'sudo'.  I don't pretend to know how
permissions work on MacOS, but I also would have though sudo should have
given you permission to install where ever you wanted.

Please let us know if you are still stuck and maybe more specifically
what you hope to do with a built libsword and we might have more
suggestions.

Blessings,

Troy