[sword-devel] Platform for the distribution of non-free Sword Modules

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Thu Mar 14 00:32:31 MST 2019

Hi,

this would be my personal wish list:

English:
New International Version
New American Standard Bible
New King James Version

German:
Revidierte Elberfelder
Schlachter 2000
Menge
Luther 1984
Neue Genfer Übersetzung

I realize that all of these are available in a free mobile app or also
online on websites. So I do have access to the text.
When doing bible study, though, I want to work with these translations
right in my own bible software on my desktop computer. I want to work
with the text, link my own material to it, take notes, create outlines,
maintain topical verse lists, create markup. And it's odd to do this
with older translations than I'm used to from my printed bibles. Some
websites have some of these study features. But I don't want to store my
personal bible study material on some online server.

I know a lot of other people with similar needs, both in Germany and the US.

Best regards,
Tobias