[sword-devel] Bishop 1.3.0rc1 (Daily Devotionals)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 8 15:32:00 MST 2019

Dear Cyrille,

I am not sure I understand the issues you mention.  Could you elaborate
a bit more?

I have tried my older Android 4.4 test emulator and on there I can
scroll in the Daily Devotionals screen.

I don't wish to take usage away from AndBible, so please consider
encouraging users to download either app.  I am sure AndBible has many
feature which Bishop does not have.

The latest RC7 includes remembering your last selected daily devotional
(in the event that you have more than one installed) and returns there
when you return next to the Daily Devotion screen.

I don't understand your comment regarding "V0r00nt Gr0ph"  This will
only be shown if you are using a very old build of Bishop and choosing
the German locale.  None of the later versions of Bishop include this
gibberish locale I was using for testing.

Could also use some testing on Apple devices.  Trying to get the 'notch'
issues worked out with the placement of the menus and things on devices
which have screens which extend up and down around physical components
of the phone.

Android:

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop-1.3rc7.apk
bishop-1.3rc7.apk size: 7045576 md5: 603848888b6f1973e9defcd56fce266d

Apple:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/5IpRivsN
(or if you've already installed a version with TestFlight, simply lauch
TestFlight and choose to update The SWORD Project)

Thank you for any testing!

Troy