[sword-devel] Windows utils builds

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:12:30 MST 2018

I've finally put together and automated the process by which I zip up the
Windows versions of the utils. For anyone involved in computer automation,
the code underlying this is an Ansible role which is designed for a Fedora
target. It could be adapted to run on other distributions as well, but I
don't build the packages for those thus I targeted Fedora.

Anyone on a host running Docker and Python should be able to execute the
role directly. I have it wired up with Molecule, which is the community
standard testing framework for Ansible roles. If you're on a Linux system
with Docker installed and running, you can execute the role yourself by
following these commands:

$ virtualenv molecule
$ source molecule/bin/activate
$ pip install molecule docker
$ molecule test

It's also a normal Ansible role and can be executed just as any other
Ansible role can. Just point it at your favorite Fedora host, wrap it up
with Vagrant, point it to a dynamically provisioned AWS instance, etc. See
the README.md for the optional argument list.

Code lives here: https://github.com/devroles/mingw_sword_package
Zip archives live here:
https://github.com/devroles/mingw_sword_package/releases
Archives created here when the repo is tagged:
https://travis-ci.org/devroles/mingw_sword_package
The binaries themselves are pulled from the standard Fedora repositories

If there are issues WITH THE PACKAGING - not with the utilities themselves
- feel free to open a GitHub issue and/or send a pull request. Issues with
the utilities themselves should still go to the Crosswire JIRA as normal.

--Greg