[sword-devel] A new alternate versification?

Libor Štefek libor.stefek at logis.cz
Thu Nov 22 02:08:23 MST 2018

Hi everybody,

it is exciting to write to this group of people behind The SWORD project.

I have a quite general question. Is it so, that all predefined
versification schemes are currently hard coded in sword/jsword code?

I'm trying to create sword module (from OSIS xml source) for Bible which
is similar to Luther versification, but there are some differences
(order of books, different verse counts on some chapters). Osis2mod -v
Luther creates module successfully, but complains a lot about extra
verses not present in Luther versification. (Bible 21, new Czech
translation with deuterocanonical books (Hi, Matěj and Peter))

I have tried to create my own canon_<B21>.h header and included that
into versification manager and then created module with this
non-standard versification, but this seems to be unusable with standard
jsword front end (I use AndBible). Looking into java code ... and I see
- there is versification info hard coded into java code as well.

I also tried to cheat - I have run osis2mod with my own versification,
but then created module zip file with "Versification=Luther" in .conf
file. This allows AndBible app to open the module, but I'm not sure
about consequences of such cheating ...

Is there any better way how to create Bible text sword module than just
to choose "best fit" predefined versification system and simply ignore
warnings?

Regards,

Libor Štefek

---
Tento e-mail byl zkontrolován na viry programem AVG.
http://www.avg.cz