[sword-devel] Mailing Lists

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jun 3 14:05:10 MST 2018

Hi David,

What form did you fill out?

To subscribe?  We have disabled mailman subscriptions by the user
because bots use that make our server send confirmation emails to 1000s
of uninterested users.  Not sure why anyone would want to do this beyond
make us look annoying.  But it happens.  The page tells you to send an
email to sword-support at crosswire.org to subscribe and should even give
you a prefilled email body.

If you filled out the form to sign in to edit your subscription, that
should work fine if you know your login id.  The mailman list sends your
password to you each month in a plaintext email so I don't think mailman
is worried about it being transmitted over http vs. https.  It's just a
subscribe choice and options.

Hope this clears things up a bit, even if you didn't get the answers you
expected,

Troy