[sword-devel] Win32 sword utilities for SWORD release 1.8.0 ?

Michael Johnson Michael at eBible.org
Mon Jan 1 20:06:33 MST 2018

On 12/30/2017 02:46 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> I imagine the hundreds of modules in the *eBible.org* repository are all made with *osis2mod.exe*
> /After all, //Haiola/ <http://www.haiola.org/>/is a Windows program, isn't it?  Maintained at //https://github.com/kahunapule/haiola/

Actually, my primary production environment is Linux. Haiola is cross-platform, and runs equally well on Windows and Linux. I have made it work on Mac, too, but it wasn't really worth the effort to support that platform, so I asked both of the Mac users of Haiola to use a virtual machine with one of the other operating systems on it.

As a general strategy, I believe the wisest course of action, and the course of action I understand to be Troy's intention, is to be cross-platform, especially with respect to end users. I believe that we have enough module maintainers and developers on both Linux and Windows to support both, and preferably Mac, too. For front ends for end users, it isn't even a serious debate that we should support, as a minimum, Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS going forward, and keep supporting some of the other
platforms, too, as long as there is a user base out there.

Just my thoughts...

--
signature

Aloha,
*/Michael Johnson/**
PO BOX 881143 • PUKALANI HI 96788-1143*• USA
mljohnson.org <http://mljohnson.org> • Phone: +1 808-333-6921 • Skype: kahunapule