[sword-devel] New Spanish Bible from DOCX to OSIS

Vince LaRue vinsulation117 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 08:58:02 MST 2018

Hello,

This is my first email to the list. Thank you for all your work in
providing the SWORD project. Eloquent is my main Bible app, which I love
(despite the somewhat frequent crashes), and I'm looking forward to
contributing my extremely limited time and talent to help where I can.

I'm the tech guy for the loose group of missionaries and national
pastors who promote the Reina-Valera 1865 Spanish Bible. We're in the
last stages of cleaning up the typographical and orthographical issues
in the digital versions up until now, and I'm looking at a DOCX file of
the text, originally formatted for print (and the reformatting to
produce VPL needs a lot of help).

We want to export the RV1865 text in OSIS and then into other formats
for other platforms, but since I'm a complete newbie as far as XML
schematics and encodings, I need someone to hold my hand and walk me
through the process. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to
technology (I run multiple websites and actually run my own Debian VPS),
but I need as much help as anyone would be willing to provide.

Thank you kindly!

Vince LaRue