[sword-devel] Python 2 End of Life (Sunset date)

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sat Dec 15 08:01:37 MST 2018

Dear all,

If like me, you're still using Python 2.7 on your machine for some scripting tasks,
and in case you didn't already know, the End of Life for Python 2 is 2020.

See https://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0373/

This means you have at least 12 months in which to migrate to Python 3.

NB. Some of the scripts used by CrossWire team members during module preparation only run under Python 2.7

For example, the script usfm2osis.py - one that Osk first developed.

This was just one of the reasons why our friend Ryan G developed his u2o.py script as an alternative.

His script runs under Python 3 already.  See https://github.com/adyeths/u2o

Best regards,

David

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.