[sword-devel] FYI geo IP lookups of repo access

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Sep 10 14:38:51 MST 2017

Now and then I get curious about where all the accesses to
ftp.xiphos.org come from.  This is a crude summary from my
/var/log/xferlog since early August.  Counts of accesses can be gotten
by substituting the last "uniq" stage of the pipeline with "uniq -c |
sort -nr" but such counts are registering individual files accessed,
which is not very informative, especially for modules that include
dozens of image files.

cat xferlog* | cut -f7 -d' ' | sed -e s/::ffff:// | sort | uniq -c |
sort -nr | awk '{ print $2 }' | fgrep . | while read ip ; do geoiplookup
$ip ; done | grep 'GeoIP Country Edition' | sed -e 's/GeoIP Country
Edition: //' | sort | uniq
AE, United Arab Emirates
AM, Armenia
AO, Angola
AR, Argentina
AT, Austria
AU, Australia
AW, Aruba
AZ, Azerbaijan
BE, Belgium
BG, Bulgaria
BJ, Benin
BO, Bolivia
BR, Brazil
BY, Belarus
CA, Canada
CD, Congo, The Democratic Republic of the
CH, Switzerland
CI, Cote D'Ivoire
CL, Chile
CM, Cameroon