[sword-devel] OSIS Variants ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 17 04:30:12 MST 2017

In view of the fact that not all front-end apps currently support Variants,
here is a proposal for managing modules that make use of OSISVariants.

- A module with Variants to be hosted in the CrossWire Beta repository.
- A module without Variants to be hosted in the CrossWire Main repository.

This will enable users of apps such as Xiphos to take advantage of the
variants feature,
while providing other app users seamless access to the unfiltered text
content.

Only a semicolon needs inserting in the .conf file to implement the former.
i.e.

;GlobalOptionFilter=OSISVariants

This disables the filter. No further change is required.

This is what I propose to submit eventually for a French module that I'm
presently developing.

It's the least amount of extra work for the "modules team".

It will also give front-end developers a test bed for when they implement UI
support for variants.

Best regards,

David

--