[sword-devel] Text preparation for searching in SWORD [was: Soft hyphens]

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 3 07:16:39 MST 2017

Thinking further in the context of small screens...

If in future we were to build a module that included soft hyphens by design,
then we really would need to specify two things in the .conf file:

1. Feature=SoftHyphens
2. LocalStripFilter=RemoveSoftHyphens

We do need to say something to ensure that anyone that captures displayed
text using select and copy from screen becomes aware that it may contain
soft hyphens.

Am I correct in thinking that the strip filter would not apply to this
action?

And as Troy has noted, the strip filter is yet to be written, though it's
probably not a mammoth programming task.

Best regards,

David

--
Sent from: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/