[sword-devel] Adding native support for Unified Scripture XML ?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 2 13:19:48 MST 2017

To add a new input format is not a trivial effort. For SWORD, renderers, filters and importer have to be defined. For JSword, a filter that transforms to OSIS needs to be defined.

The importer has to figure out what is introductory material (i.e. verse 0) and what is pre-verse and intra-verse material. And since the unit of storage is the verse, the stored verse needs to be well-formed XML.

Once that is written, it has to be released and incorporated into frontends.

I think it would be much easier to write XSLT to transform USX to OSIS or ThML.

In Him,
DM Smith