[sword-devel] NASB

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Feb 24 15:38:38 MST 2017

On 02/24/2017 04:48 PM, Kahunapule Michael Johnson wrote:
> but who seem to grow weary or drop out when it comes to timely releases and updates.
...as in, 2 years in need of a mere bugfix release.
> I don't think we can expect to be taken as seriously as we would like to be.

We are taken seriously by nobody other than those who already have a
technical or personal attachment to one of our programs, or (in the
Linux case) who have nowhere else to go.

BTW, I'm entirely aware that it's been over a year since last Xiphos
release, too. Frankly, I have lost heart. I was on quite a roll as
Xiphos went into v4-land (av11n) and gained quite a few other new
features around that time (BibleSync, CSS, module abbrevs), along with
fixing a pile of longstanding bugs that had been haunting me -- roughly
early 2014 to summer 2015. But when engine release overdue-ness reached
the year-plus stage, I discovered that I can't justify giving a damn.

Anyone who can see David H.'s FB can find a recent discussion he and I
had, for more detail than I care to inject into this list's archives.