[sword-devel] Creative Commons - updating the verbatim requirements for DistributionLicense values in module .conf files

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Fri Dec 29 10:37:52 MST 2017

Hi DM,

I think you misunderstood me. I never said we have no existing modules with a CC license. It's quite clear that we do.
I said "It's not about existing modules."
i.e. We don't have to change any released modules just because new CC licenses have since appeared.

What I'm after is to clarify how we word the DL for any new module for which a CC license should apply.
Our instructions state that the DL should be one of the listed items verbatim.
We merely need to change the verbatim wordings to match each of the latest CC licenses. It's not a difficult tehcnical task.

However, the reason I'm not updating the table "on my own bat" is precisely because I'm not a copyright lawyer.
i.e. I do not wish to expose CrossWire to legal risk, were I to get things wrong on this score.
Maybe Troy can advise? After all, any possible future disputes about breach of DL would have to be referred to him.

Best regards,

David