[sword-devel] Marking references in Right to Left scripts

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:07:06 MST 2017

All last week I've been collaborating closely with the translator of the UrduGeo Bible.

Just submitted an updated module to our modules team.

Getting human readable references to display correctly in front-ends requires some understanding.

Judicious use of the Unicode RLM character (U+200F) is required.

I've started to document something about this here:

https://crosswire.org/wiki/OSIS_Bibles#Marking_references_in_Right_to_Left_scripts

AFAIK, this may be the first time this has been done correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Best regards,

David