[sword-devel] Engine release/update

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:13:25 MST 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Periodically we have fits of email activity re engine releases - but
> nothing happens.
>
> Can I ask for two distinct steps please asap?
>
> A maintenance release (1.7.6) which pulls in all the many filter
> improvements, bug squashes etc etc which have happened in the last
> months and years. Greg, please?

Somewhere along the line, the release-1-7-x branch was corrupted with new
and partially completed features. AFAIK it still builds and runs, but it's
no longer viable as a bugfix-only branch. Thus, I have avoided releasing it
as such. I also lack any ability to track down the source of the corruption
and resolve it, as we are still on SVN.

I can make a release, but the last time I looked, it would violate any
semblance of bugfix/maintenance and would be a partially implmented 1.7-1.8
bridge that definitely held defunct code.

--Greg