[sword-devel] How do you make the Sword framework work in 64bit mode? (My compiler is giving me hundreds of warnings.)

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 02:44:39 MST 2016

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2016 um 09:24 Uhr
> Von: "Manfred Bergmann" <manfred.bergmann at me.com>b. Is it possible that
>
> Per default Xcode uses the C compiler of LLVM.

Ok.

I have tried compiling with clang/llvm on Linux just now, but likely made a few/lot mistakes....

CC=clang ./configure
make

produced a few (less than 10) warnings re string/char  conversions at one point, in one function only but worked as such. Not tried the result.

CC=clang++ ./configure
make

produced the same warnings but then failed at the linking stage.

But the config.log had still ample references to gcc so I am not sure if this was really the right approach. Can you suggest how to change the compiler properly within the autotools setup?

Peter