[sword-devel] Bible submission process question

Russell Allen oebible at openenglishbible.org
Thu Mar 3 16:57:47 MST 2016

Hi guys,
Sorry if this is the wrong place.

There is an old version of the Open English Bible on the website which needs updating. Someone helped me creating the modules a few years back.

I’m currently trying to automate building the OEB as much as possible so that we can put out more regular updates. Source is in USFM (which should be compliant now) and I have software which parses USFM using a python parser framework and can then spit out RTF, PDF, HTML etc etc with pluggable renderers [1]. The software isn’t OEB specific - it should handle most USFM - though it hasn’t been tested that much on other sources.

I would like to integrate this with the SWORD framework so that new OEB versions can be pushed out with as little human input as possible but I’m not sure what the recommended process is.

At the moment I don’t generate OSIS but could do that fairly easily if I had some help on what the OSIS should look like, or I could integrate with an existing USFM->OSIS generator.

Best wishes,
Russell

[1]: https://github.com/openenglishbible/USFM-Tools <https://github.com/openenglishbible/USFM-Tools>