[sword-devel] Mathew Henry Commentary Bug

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 2 04:07:59 MST 2016

I goes almost without saying that I see the same truncation in John 3. Verses
16b-21 are not shown.

The MHC module is ~ 14 years old and was made from source text obtained from
CCEL.

Please add this as an issue under MOD in
http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/

Not much hope of a quick fix. A lot of work would be involved and volunteer
resources are stretched.

CrossWire general policy is not to be the maintainer of module source texts.
There's only one exception to this rule (the KJV Bible module).

Does anyone know which CrossWire volunteer built MHC version 1.6 ?

At this late stage, it may be well nigh impossible to mend the ThML source
text, if that's where the problem lies. It would then be a case of having to
start again from scratch. How CCEL operates has changed since 2002, which
may be a further obstacle.

I suppose there's a small chance that the truncation might be due to a bug
in the module build or compression utilities. Without the source text being
readily available, this cannot now be tested.

If we can access the CCEL text, the least we can do is to check is whether
this is an "upstream" issue.

Regards,

David