[sword-devel] PEG parser for USFM

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jan 20 04:18:00 MST 2016

> Von: "Baiju M" <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com>
> Two focusing specifically on converting to OSIS:
>
> https://github.com/adyeths/u2o
> https://github.com/chrislit/usfm2osis
>
> Still you have used TextPipe to create the final OSIS file for Malayalam bible!
>
> How is your experience with u2o.py, did you got usable OSIS output?

Both produce sensible output, depending on the USFM offered. Both have problems.

The problems are inherent in USFM - the lack of end marker, the lack of semantics. So you get all kinds of problems at chapter/chapter, verse/verse and verse/chapter transitions. And in poetry etc.

In essence all tools we had and have work the same way - produce rough OSIS and then smooth it over by post processing.

Peter