[sword-devel] Proper sorting of pointed Hebrew

Aaron Christianson ninjaaron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:24:49 MST 2016

I'm not at HU anymore. I did my MA there, but I'm back in Wisconsin
now (brr). I have tried both of the fonts you mention. My preferred
font for Hebrew is Taamey Frank from the Culmus project
http://culmus.sourceforge.net/taamim/index.html, and it seems to
render the holems and the vavs quite well, though I will occasionally
have issues with how certain vowels and accents look together.

It is quite similar to the SBL Hebrew font, except that it has a
better license (modified GPLv2 which permits embedding the font in
commercial documents), and appears to have more uniform results across
various document creation platforms. In my experience, it generally
renders better than Ezra SIL, though their OFL is definitely my
favourite font license!