[sword-devel] 64 bit operating system support?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jan 18 09:58:54 MST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 10:19:24AM -0600, Greg Hellings wrote:
> I don't have access to a GUI machine with Cent installed at the
> moment. I haven't noticed an issue with the GTK3 build of Xiphos, but
> I only do a very cursory check of the builds.
>
> There are both xiphos-gtk2 and xiphos-gtk3 builds in EPEL7 at the
> moment, and you should be able to install them side-by-side. This is
> at Karl's request, and is something I have to keep battling the other
> Xiphos packagers for in the Fedora/EPEL build system. Sometimes
> someone at RedHat goes on a rampage to destroy all GTK2 packages from
> places where upstream supports GTK3 and I have to then restore the
> dual build.

those who seek "purity" sometimes become rather over-zealous! :)

FYI, in case you care, there is a short video at
users.rcn.com/fredricksmith/xiphos/xiphos-flash.ogv that illustrates
the issue.

I sent this directly to you, not posted to the list, because I don't
especially want hundreds of people connecting to my pages on rcn.com.

Fred