[sword-devel] 64 bit operating system support?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Jan 18 09:12:23 MST 2016

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 10:05:52AM -0600, Greg Hellings wrote:
> Fred,
>
> Please tell me which parts of Xiphos are not provided in EPEL.
>
>  yum info xiphos-gtk3
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
>  * base: centos.arvixe.com
>  * epel: fedora-epel.mirror.lstn.net
>  * extras: dallas.tx.mirror.xygenhosting.com
>  * updates: mirror.fusioncloud.co
> Available Packages
> Name        : xiphos-gtk3
> Arch        : x86_64
> Version     : 4.0.3
> Release     : 1.el7
>
> The specific quote you were asking about is addressing the iOS client, though.
>
> --Greg

Hi Greg!

I built my own because (at the time) EPEL did not provide Xiphos 4.x,
nor a compatible modern Sword library. I haven't looked recently to see
if those things now are in EPEL. it may be that they now are there,
mooting my need to rebuild in the future.

on a different note:
BTW, there is (or was) some problem in the GTK3 build of Xiphos that
cause bizarre flashing on the module manager screens (don't recall if it
also occurred on other screens), that Karl reported did not occur with
the GTK2 build. As a result I stopped using the GTK3 build on my machines,
hoping that somebody, somewhere, some day would fix GTK3. Has anyone
looked at the epel3 xiphos-GTK3 build to see if it exhibits the same
issue?

Fred