[sword-devel] 64 bit operating system support?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 04:16:54 MST 2016

Updated news from Nic.

"I believe that all apps and updates needed to be compiled for 64 bit by the
middle of last year."

then later he replied:

----

I have yet to look. I gave things a try about 2 years ago and saw they
didn’t work out of the box. I switched back to 32-bit and haven’t looked at
it again since, sorry.

Having a 20 second look now, CURL will need updating (easy). clucene will
need updating (hopefully easy?). The Zip utilities I use need updating. The
HTTP server stuff I use (for MMM) needs updating.

A fresh compile when I have enabled what Apple wants me to enable generates
374 warnings (perhaps more, we’d need to eliminate them to see if there are
still more left?) and 4 errors (in CURL because of arch issues).

Looking at more of the warnings, some are from libsword itself.

Ok, 2 minutes of cleaning up and . . .  same warnings but only 3 errors now.

Yup, it will need a bit of work to make it 64-bit ready, but hopefully most
of the work will have been done by others in the 3rd party libs that are
causing issues.

David