[sword-devel] Detecting bad references?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:27:10 MST 2016

These are just a few further thoughts in response to your speedy replies.

I was assuming that the localised references have been parsed and converted
to properly formed osisRef strings.

What would be useful during the "fix xrefs" process is a means to perform a
sanity check on these.

i.e. One that would detect howlers like "1Sam.14.600" knowing that for most
v11ns,
this chapter has no more than 52 verses or thereabouts.

Specifiying the v11n along with the osisRef string to be tested would
eliminate the "or thereabouts".

The defaults for a generalised v11n might include a degree of "fuzziness" in
regard to the number of verses in a given chapter, and the number of
chapters in a given book.

Or perhaps we could design a superset v11n into which all our v11ns fit.

The point regarding dictionaries being without a v11n is recognised.

I feel that we could still attain a useful function; I'm not hoping for
absolute perfection.

David