[sword-devel] NASB status

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Jan 6 11:04:20 MST 2016

On 01/06/2016 10:56 AM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> but no one has told me what those issues are
It comes down to this:
We need to look for the way to say Yes, and stop coughing up any and all
possible, weak, ham-handed excuses to say No.

A long time ago -- late '08 -- I flamed at length here about Getting
Stuff Done.  The fact that NASB has languished for significantly longer
than a decade and _/*STILL*/_ hasn't found its way out the door is an
existential statement about Crosswire in this regard.  Crosswire as a
whole has an indecent problem with the idea of Getting Stuff Done, where
"done" means "out the door."

If you consider this from the perspective of an outside observer, it
looks like someone literally doesn't want NASB ever to be released.
Consider: In the last 12 years, one of my sons graduated high school,
took a couple years off, went to college, finished college, got married,
began a career, and had his first child, who will be a year old very
soon.  In that same time period Crosswire couldn't get the NASB module
(set) finished.

Any reason to say No is completely obliterated by saying "12 years."
It's time to say Yes.