[sword-devel] Firefox 44.0.2 and self-signed certs

Matěj Cepl mcepl at cepl.eu
Fri Feb 12 15:30:38 MST 2016

On 2016-02-12, 19:28 GMT, David Haslam wrote:
> Even so, this is the way browsers are moving!
>
> The sooner we can move away from self signed the better.

Certainly, I see two ways out:

    * https://letsencrypt.org/ … I have never tried it, so
      I am not sure how really difficult it is, but it is
      supposed to be the free way how to get working and
      supported certificate for a website

    * I use personally certificate from
      https://www.startssl.com/ For me the price is US$60/two
      year certificate, not sure whether the company would be
      willing to give some discount for non-profit/religious
      organization, or we would be satisfied with the free
      certificate (one domain only, no wildcard).

Best,

Matěj

https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

[...] a superior pilot uses his superior judgment to avoid having to exercise
his superior skill.
  -- http://www.jwz.org/blog/2009/09/that-duct-tape-silliness/#comment-10653