[sword-devel] CrossWire subversion server error

John Austin gpl.programs.info at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 05:13:31 MST 2015

Thanks all,
Git on crosswire.org works fine. Subversion still isn't working
(returning the same error). When using a VPN, there is no problem at all.

Subversion fails on all computers I've tried, even without any proxy or
firewall. Ping to crosswire.org (199.119.92.18) works fine, but then svn
still fails after the timeout. I have tried two different local ISPs and
get the same message:

svn: E000110: Error running context: Connection timed out

I have not noticed any Great-Firewall issues recently (which indeed
sometimes are noticeable). All other software services here have been
working without a glitch. I can access Subversion on googlecode just
fine. Also since it seems that crosswire.org security was recently
updated, this all leads me question the server(?)

Might it help if I send ISP info? Or even exact IPs to scan log files for?

We're using virtual machines for almost everything these days and
provisioning them with a VPN is slow, so it's not an ideal solution, but
it does work for now.

Thank again!
John