[sword-devel] The OSIS <speaker> element ?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 3 07:14:49 MST 2015

The question arises because usfm2osis.py converts \sp_text to
<speaker>text</speaker>

In the Welsh beibl.net translation, Arfon has used the \sp marker in these
four OT books:

Song, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel ( but not in Job ! ).

I therefore assume that he did this as a matter of interpretation, rather
than by translating words from the original Hebrew.

I've already created a tracker issue because the resulting OSIS file did not
validate to the schema.
See http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/browse/MODTOOLS-87

But now I'm even beginning to question whether the choice of the <speaker>
element
to convert the \sp marker is even remotely sensible,
especially having read about it in the OSIS 2.1 User Manual.

David