[sword-devel] Submission of OSIS files for Bibles and Commentaries

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 26 04:45:29 MST 2015

Recent experience of how badly this works in practice has led me to the
conclusion that the approach is fundamentally flawed.

When an experienced module developer submits a module for release, it is
unacceptable for his work to be altered by scripted changes to the conf
file.

This reflects badly on the person who submitted the modules, and indirectly
damages their reputation.

Given the complexities of the requirements set forth involved, I am of the
opinion that there is no subsititute for manual editing of conf files by
someone who is thorughly cognisant of these requirements.

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/DevTools:conf_Files

David