[sword-devel] Delitzsch Hebrew New Testament

Yedidyah Bar David didi-sword at didi.bardavid.org
Mon Aug 3 12:46:07 MST 2015

Hi all,

Some time ago I sent the below email to modules at crosswire.org.

Since then I corresponded with Peter von Kaehne, and it seems that the
legal issues are sorted out.

You can find the current state of my work at [1].

I'd like to get feedback about this, including but not limited to the
technical issues I mentioned in the email below. In particular:

I currently use KJV versification. At some point, as you can see in
the git history, I had a version that includes both the OT (copied
from the project MAPM) and the NT. This didn't work well with any
versification that I tried, and I gave up. Ideally I'd like to have
versification that is KJV for the NT and Masoretic for the OT - I
think most bibles in Israel that include the NT are that way, and do
not use KJV versification for the OT. Not sure what is required to
achieve this.

A provided Makefile generates two versions, with and without Nikkud
(diacritics, aka vowel points). I didn't try much searching with
different sword software, but I have a feeling that searching in the
non-nikkud version works much better in most packages, hence this
duplication.

[1] https://github.com/HebrewNewTestament/HebDelitzsch

Best regards,
--